Personal Commercial Professional Life/Group BecomeAgent AboutUs ContactUs


Get a Quote
It will be helpful if you have your car registration and, if you have, a current policy Declaration Page before you begin.

Having motor vehicle insurance is essential to owning a motor vehicle in Hawaii. Hawaii State law requires that your vehicle be insured throughout the motor vehicle registration period and that you have a valid Hawaii motor vehicle insurance identification card in you motor vehicle at all times. You can be ticketed and fined if you operate a vehicle without the required motor vehicle identification card.
If you don't have insurance on your motor vehicle, you must surrender the registration certificate and license plates to the county director of finance. And when you do that, you will not be able to drive the vehicle.

Hawaii law requires Personal Injury Protection of not less than the minimum amount of $10,000 per person. Personal Injury Protection pays the amount, up to the limit of coverage for medical and rehabilitative expenses you may incur as a result of a motor vehicle accident.

Your mandatory coverages also include a $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident bodily injury liability and a $10,000 per occurrence property damage liability. These cover damages for the injured party when you are at-fault in an accident.

Optional coverages and options you may purchase include: collision and comprehensive, uninsured ("UM") and underinsured ("UIM") coverages, wage loss, alternative care (including healing methods such as naturopathy, acupuncture and faith healing), death benefits (coverage range from $25,000 to $100,000), funeral benefits, (the coverage is $2,000), PIP deductible and PIP managed care.

Your insurance agent must advise you about your uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage options including your right to decline coverage in writing. You may purchase at a minimum $20,000 per person uninsured motorist coverage to pay for serious injury or death if the driver at fault does not have insurance or in case of a hit and run accident. You may also purchase at a minimum $20,000 per person underinsured motorist coverage to pay if the driver at fault does not have enough insurance.

We can help you decide on the best coverages at the best price for your individual situation and needs.


Info Center | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer

Copyright © 2013 Finance Insurance, Ltd.